Amsterdam, where BioPortEurope is based, is home to a strong life sciences cluster. The presence of many knowledge institutes and businesses means that opportunities for partnerships and knowledge exchange are abundant. Amsterdam is a popular location for international scientific conferences and meetings. In addition, employers can draw on a pool of highly educated and skilled workers in the life sciences field.
The Amsterdam BioMed Cluster features:
• Two universities with academic teaching hospitals
• More than 70 dedicated life sciences companies
• World-class knowledge institutes, including the Netherlands Cancer Institute and the Swammerdam Institute for Life Sciences and Sanquin
• Science Park Amsterdam, a state-of-the-art, 70-hectare new science park with abundant facilities
• An excellent technological infrastructure, thanks to AMS-IX, the world’s largest internet hub.